In the interest of helping to improve the diversity and beginner friendliness of the SciPy conference, I’m offering to help first-time speakers from underrepresented groups with their talk proposals and potential talk preparations for SciPy 2015. If that sounds like you and you’d like my help editing a proposal and/or preparing a talk, send me an email.
- The deadline for proposals is April 1
- The conference is July 8-10 in Austin, Texas
- SciPy has a Code of Conduct
- SciPy is committed to diversity
- SciPy has some financial aid
- I will be at the conference
- I’m not a conference organizer, but I have in the past helped with talk selection (and may again this year)
- I have never given a talk at SciPy (except lightning talks)
P.S. If you’re looking for some talk ideas, try this post.